I’m a huge fan of the hawaiian inspired Poke Bowls! They can make a great base for lunch and dinner and contain lots ‘n lots of veggies, healthy fats and lean protein.
You can choose to opt for vegan options with tofu or tempeh, vegtarian bowls with hard boiled eggs or the fish based option displayed here with either salmon, crayfish or tuna.
Simple, low carb and veggie-loaded poke bowl! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
You’ll need: ⠀
- 1 organic wild salmon fillet⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 handful crayfish (optional)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 broccoli, steamed⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 handful edamame beans⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 carrot, sliced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 avocado⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 handfuls of spinach⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- some sprouts for toppings⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 EL olive oil ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 EL tamari ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Pepper & Salt to season ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This dish is whisked up in approx. 10 minutes and the only thing that needs to be heated is the steamed broccoli. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Start with marinating your salmon in 1 EL tamari and 1 EL olive oil for approx. 20 minutes. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Steam the broccoli until tender but still crispy and add the remaining veggies to a bowl. Et voila, enjoy!